Saturday, October 25, 2014

Dee's review of Finished by Claire Kent


My rating: 3 of 5 hearts





For the last year, Julia has lived with two men.

Drayton is hot and mysterious, and Mike takes care of her. Together, they have great sex and a mostly stable relationship—one Julia thought satisfied her. After all, how can she complain about having two sexy men at the same time?

Then everything starts to change. Drayton is keeping a dark secret that threatens more than their arrangement. It might actually threaten their lives. And Mike keeps becoming more alpha than she’s ever known him to be.

What once was fun and casual is now a tangle of conflicting desires. Drayton wants to keep his freedom. Julia wants a real commitment.

And Mike…well, Mike just wants her.


I'm not 100% in love with this book. It moved slow for me. I was also not a fan of the back and forth of Julia. She wanted one, then the other, then didn't know what she wanted bc she just knew she wanted more. All it took was for one of them to touch her and she forget everything she was upset about or wanted to talk about or work on. She was just very wishy washy to me. i can't help but wonder if Drayton took a different route, made a different decision, if she would have ended up where she ended up. I felt like there was this big secret for Drayton and this huge build up that took so long to get to, then the truth came out and it wasn't really that big. And it passed over super quickly because then we had major drama start to hit the fan. I don't know what it was, just for me I didn't overly love the book. The plot was good. But the delivery was off, and I really think it was because of Julia, for me. I kind of feel like she settled because someone walked away.


I liked the way Claire writes, she has a great writing style. I just didn't connect with this very well. I give this 3 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment