Saturday, January 18, 2014

Shannon's Review of Death of the Mad Hatter by Sarah J. Pepper


Death of the Mad Hatter
By: Sarah J. Pepper
Release Date: Nov. 26, 2013






If the king loses his head, then the Queen with a Bleeding Heart would rule the Red Court until Time ceased to move forward. When a second carried on for infinity, every creature in Wonderland would tip their Hat to the misfit girl with a Boy’s name (or was it a boy with a Girl’s name?) who’d end the Reign of Terror. However, it all hinged on the One-Eyed Hare being able to convince an uninspirable Heir that the impossible was indeed possible—like stopping time—and that Love was worth a Beheading. 
Heads would Roll… 
Hearts would Break… 
In the end, would it matter who Reigned?




I specialize in dark, paranormal romance – think “happy ever after” but with a twisted, dark chocolate center. Real-life romance isn’t only filled with hugs, kisses, unicorns, and rainbows. True-love can be more thoroughly described in times of darkness and tribulation. It’s in those harsh moments where you see what a person is truly capable of – both the good and bad. Sometimes prince-charming isn’t always on time, and the glass slipper is a little snug. However, it doesn’t mean Charming is not Mr. Right, and who says every shoe is the perfect fit?

"Warning: Addictive passion erupts from her mouthwatering descriptions" - recent review.

Sarah J. Pepper lives in South Dakota with her real-life prince charming. At a young age, she fell for paranormal books and now incorporates that genre with romance that thrives in the hearts of us all. When she’s not storytelling, she’s most likely biking, hoarding chocolate, or taking a bubble bath. Get a glimpse inside her head at
Website

"Forbidden Beloved" - Not everyone falls for the murderous prince charming with killer good looks, but Roxy hasn't ever been very lucky.

"Devil's Lullaby" -Cat craved his addictive kiss as much as she ached for his death.










When I first started reading this book, I couldn’t help but wondering what I had gotten myself into. I was in the prologue wondering why I was reading about the queen of hearts. It was when I started chapter one I fully understood the meaning of learning of the queen of hearts first. This book is Alice in Wonderland on steroids. It has to be one of the best fantasy books I have read in a while.
We all know the fairytale of Alice in Wonderland, but when reading this book it gave me a new perspective on it. It made me feel like a child again reengaging with a beloved tale. I couldn’t put it down last night. In fact I had to make myself do it so I would go to bed.
It is a lot about the fairytale with a different story in the background.  It has a turn of events that make it even better tale. It moves between two main characters that yes also have a love story. Ryley is one of the characters that I fell in love from the first meeting with him. Alice Mae you will find very eccentric from the beginning. She is full of surprises but full of wisdom too.
Sarah Pepper went above and beyond with this story. The characters become alive in your head. It was full of twists, turns, and greatness. I am giving this book 5 hearts. If you need a change a good out of this world book, read this one. It will make the newest movie, of Alice in Wonderland (with Johnny Depp), look sad compared to the images you have going through your head.





No comments:

Post a Comment