Sunday, December 29, 2013

Patch Up by Stephanie Witter




Skye followed her long time boyfriend to Seattle for their first year of college, but he dumped her after only a week. The relationship brought only pain and destruction in Skye's life, and yet, she can't bring herself to open up and live her life.

"What if I am already broken into pieces?"

She hates to be touched, hiding under her oversized shirts and behind her wild frizzy hair. Even her bubbly roommate can't reach her. And yet ...

"I'm the guy who knows how you can hurt so much that your insides feel like they're cut and bleeding."

The tall, handsome, and tattooed TA in her psychology class changes everything when he literally collides with her and confronts her. For the first time in a long time, she wants to try and open up to this guy whose dark, intense eyes can't hide his own pain despite his dazzling smile getting to her.

However, just when she's starting to live again, her ex-boyfriend comes back, breaking her time and time again, making it all the more complicated.

She wants to fight for herself and for this building thing with the TA, even when he pushes her away, but can two broken people patch each other up?

"I never thought colliding with someone could change lives, but it is possible."

* Due to some shocking scenes, this novel is for readers of 18 and up.

It has been a few days since I finished this book. I literally had to process this book. I think I may still look like this 
Skye is in college she followed her then boyfriend here. I will never understand why girls do this, but when youre in love I guess we never see past the guy right? Skye is very withdrawn and wears baggy clothes to hide her body. So naturally I am like WTF is this girl hiding? 

Then I met Duke. He is dark and mysterious also the TA for her psychology class. They collide into one another and he is set on finding out her secrets. This is where drama begins!
Skye's now ex comes back around as soon as he figures out that she and Duke are friends. I really didn't like her ex at all! 

Both Skye and Duke have dark pasts. While Duke is trying to help Skye open up and be her friend, he is harboring a secret that he will not let go of. Once Skye opens up and lets Duke in, he pushes her away. I was like WTF dude?
It is like a damn roller coaster. When Skye's secret comes out, I am like this 
Then Duke finally lets her in and I am just reeling. Then Skye's ex decides that now is the time to ruin what she has. I wasn't expecting for what he does. All I can say is 
I like books that are raw and gritty. Sometimes I need to get away from all the mushy. This book defo took me away from the mushy, but also threw in aspects that affect people in real life. While I don't want to say much about the book because I don't want to spoil it, I can say I have been in Skyes shoes. Her secret was one that I held onto as well when I was younger. Like her I hid this and never knew who to turn to. She has Duke, he helps her be able to open up about it to her parents. I commend the author for bringing in this subject. She did a great job in writing it. When it first began I thought of it a lot like Easy by Tammara Webber but quickly found that Skye and Duke story was very much different. 

I gave this book
4/5 hearts






No comments:

Post a Comment