Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Take this Regret by AL Jackson, Review by Dee



Blurb


There are some mistakes we make that we will regret for the rest of our lives. For Christian Davison, it was the day he betrayed Elizabeth Ayers. For five years, Christian has regretted the day he walked away from his family and will do anything to win them back. Can Elizabeth forgive someone who has committed the unforgiveable? Or are there some wounds that go so deep they can never heal?

Dee's review

I don't know what it was about this book. Maybe it was the heartbreak. Maybe it was the denial that Elizabeth lives in for so long. Maybe it was that she pushed him away over and over. Or maybe it was that she punished him and herself longer than I felt it was necessary. Either way, it was driving me crazy. I just wanted to scream at her 'People change Elizabeth, People change. Give him a freaking chance. It's not just about you'. I just felt like she was making a mistake




She was killing me. And at one point, she was killing Lizzie and that is when I got pissed. Seems as though I was not the only one, Matthew got pretty pissed as well. Thank HEAVENS he finally said something to her. Thank HEAVENS reality finally smacked her upside the head. I don't know how much longer I could have held out. I don't know how much longer I could have taken the cold shoulder she was giving Christian after what they shared. Even Christian was ready to give up, almost ready to walk away. After all they've been through, a bond like that isn't forgotten.




 It's not just about the one day. He has been showing her over and over how different he is, and she just won't accept it. She just can't let it go. He's so good to Lizzy. So so good. How can she not see that? and Lizzie loves him so much, and he does her. It's beautiful. There is seriously nothing sexier than a man who loves his kid. Overall this was a good book. I love that Elizabeth is a strong woman who can survive with her kid on her own. But Liz, its okay to want a man. All in all this was a good book, even though obviously it drove me insane. It is seriously one of the most heartbreaking books I've read. I give it 3.5 hearts.

Take this Regret can be purchased on Amazon, B&N, Kobo, Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment