Friday, October 25, 2013

Fearless by Devon Hartford, Review by Dee

 Fearless (The Story of Samantha Smith #1)

Blurb
After moving from stuffy Washington D.C. to laid back San Diego, Samantha Smith hopes to shed her troubled past and reinvent herself as a freshman at San Diego University. 

Her parents are pressuring her to major in Accounting, because it’s the safe thing to do. But Samantha really wants to try something more adventurous, and secretly dreams of ditching the business major to study Art instead.

When she crosses paths with a troubled, handsome tattoo-clad bad boy, her life is turned upside down, and Samantha finds herself juggling more adventure than she ever dreamed possible.

Dee's Review
So let me tell you about this book. I wanna start this review by saying this. When the author sent us the request. I was like yes. I want to read a romance book written by a man. I've never done it before. So let's see what a man can do with my mind.  There were some times during the book where I was like who says that? Do 19 year old girls really talk like that? Am I that far removed from teenage years? Well it's possible I am getting old. *as I fake walk with a cane*. But then there were times I was so involved in the book I couldn't wait to turn the page. It seemed to flip like that for me. Back and forth, back and forth. So Adonis...sigh.. Who knew he was actually such an artist. And such a good guy. And such a good nude... Model. I mean. Ummmm I don't think I'd be able to draw anything but his head. .. On his shoulders.. perverts. So when Adonis is her mentor and they start to get close, naturally we have jealous haters. Of course. Hello, his name is Adonis! He starts to mentor her and they start to get close but he continues to push her away. Then once he gives in, she pushes Away. You keep hearing her past and nightmares flicker in her head but you never get the full story. Sure they share some of their past. He comes clean, and she only share part of hers. So nice, I know. Then it comes out. Adonis has been such a gentleman through everything. Their love has carried them through, it should get them through right? Right. Maybe. I mean she thinks it's huge. So I'm like okay. Taylor has to be a boy. Right? Nope. Just wait til you hear that story. Omg!! The guilt she has been carrying around has been eating her alive. Good for her for coming clean. Good for her for takin those steps now. Better late than never. Hopefully they're love continues   to blossom and get them through whatever else they face. I will say this though, one thing I LOVED about the book.. she did NOT rush to have sex and he respected her wishes. I LOVE THAT. Thank you Devon! I give this book 3 hearts.



Reckless, which is book 2, is also out now.. find both sets of purchase links below

Purchase links for FEARLESS:








Purchase links for RECKLESS:









No comments:

Post a Comment