Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Very Bad Things Review by Dee



Synopsis:


Born into a life of privilege and secrets, Nora Blakely has everything any nineteen-year-old girl could desire. She's an accomplished pianist, a Texas beauty queen, and on her way to Princeton after high school. She's perfect.

Leaving behind her million-dollar mansion and Jimmy Choos, she becomes a girl hell-bent on pushing the limits with alcohol, drugs, and meaningless sex. 

Then she meets her soulmate. But he doesn't want her.

When it comes to girls, twenty-five-year-old Leo Tate has one rule: never fall in love. His gym and his brother are all he cares about...until he meets Nora. He resists the pull of their attraction, hung up on their six year age difference.

As they struggle to stay away from each other, secrets will be revealed, tempers will flare, and hearts will be broken.

Welcome to Briarcrest Academy...where sometimes, the best things in life are Very Bad Things.

*Recommended for mature audiences 18+ due to strong language and sexual content.*

YOU CAN PURCHASE VERY BAD THINGS HERE ON AMAZON



Dee's Review:
Holy crap on a cracker. This was some good shit right here. Ilsa, I think I love you! I know I love Leo and Sebastian...and Mila and Nora too.... But I think I am definitely in love with Ilsa. She manages to create such relateable, real characters who may exist with horrible, scary, scars run deep because of my past characters, but you love them none the less. You get sucked in none the less, and you hang on every word. Everything about this book was kick ass. From the way Nora is set out to self destruct, to the way she want to do it, to the way she gets pieced back together, not realizing she is healing someone else at the same time. From the start you can tell Nora has some serious issues and that mommy dearest is a serious bitch. I mean hello, do we need to discuss that speech she gave? I was sitting here thinking...oh god..
 And she was all proud..


 Like I felt like I wanted to claw her mom's eyes out  within the first few chapters. And Nora is just dying to be free of her mother and all the pretenses and fake bullshit. As you start to find out why she hates her mom and her life so much, god I started to feel bad for her. And as that feeling escalated, the hatred for mom just increased exponentially. Let me warn you ... when the truth finally comes out...



 Anyway, there's still this major secret she was hiding I was dying to find out what it was. What broke this girl? What makes her feel so horrible about herself? And Jesus when is she gonna stop being ignored by her parents!?!? They are serious douchebags. But I'm still wondering why has she created her list of very bad things to do? Why is she so broken? Why is she so hell bent on self destruction? Then we meet Leo, and they have this unexplainable connection. This draw to one another. But he refuses to accept it. Refuses to want it. Refuses to give in. Of course it was a "I want my cake and eat it too" situation. I won't have her but don't want anyone else to either. I was like WTF LEO!?!? 




Get your shit together!!! Of course he doesn't. What guy would. But I swear Nora has balls the size of Europe. She's so bold and brazen as her "new self". Where she finds all her strength to get by I will never no and always envy. I can't imagine have that kind if strength. Knowing Finn is out there and then knowing he's coming home and looking for her. God. Train wreck waiting to happen. But her parents. When she tells her mom..my..jaw...dropped.. Her moms reaction FLOORED me. I could not believe it. I was seriously thinking WTF is wrong with her!


This explains why Nora thinks she will never be first with anyone!




 It's seriously no wonder she has issues... Thank you awesome parents! These people have made a train wreck of her life. And when it does wreck, I did not see that shit happening. I did not expect Finns aspect of the story to end that way. Can't say I'm complaining though. He was written to make you hate nim, and hated, he was.  By the time I got half way through the book, I was seriously ready to give up on Leo. Like no joke, walk away. Chance after chance, encounter after encounter, I was ready to scream "what is wrong with you!?! What is taking so long!?!" But he's so damn stubborn and of course throws it back in her face. I was ready to kill him!! Okay maybe just smack him, but you know what I mean.



 Then you have her best friends who are always there for her. It was a relief to me that she had Mila and Sebastian. I was actually relieved when Sebastian found out. Finally she wasn't alone anymore, and she would see people won't judge her because of her past. A relief she had some people to rely on. She always had Aunt Portia but I'm glad with everything this poor girl goes through she has people her own age to rely on. No parents but at least friends. God this book was soo good. I really liked it a lot. I mean shit I got so sucked in I read it in one day. I have this book 4 wonder woman, winged, feathered hearts. And P.S. I love her tat and piercing. I waaaaaant one



No comments:

Post a Comment