Friday, September 27, 2013

The Edge of Darkness Review By Shannon

Title: The Edge of Darkness
Author: Melissa Andrea
Release Date: May 31, 2013



Synopsis:

After a tragic accident, Araya Noelle is left with a constant reminder that nothing is forever.

She is forced to give up her chance to be the youngest dancer accepted into Julliard & taking over their high society school by a graceful storm of determination is no longer an option. Instead of dwelling over her loss, she accepts the new future she’s been dealt. In a world as black as hers, there's no room for bitterness, no time for regret. Sheltered from the outside world, Araya has become suffocated by a life she has no control over. Until Ryland Dare comes crashing into her life.

You don’t know true darkness until you've felt light…

Like a firecracker, showering her with colorful sparks of freedom, Ryland quickly sweeps Araya away from her grey existence. For the first time since the accident, living in darkness is no longer something Araya wants to do willingly. Unleashed by the shadows of her reminder, being with Ryland, Araya touches light. Together they will learn what it’s like to feel alive for the first time.

At the edge of darkness, a ray of light, will dare them both to HOPE. 

DARE them to LOVE
DARE them to LIVE





Buy Links:

 Amazon ~ AmazonUK ~ AmazonCA ~

Author Bio:

I find it hard to sum up my life in a paragraph, 

but I’ll try. I am the author of Flutter, The 

Discover Series! Reading has always been a 

passion for me, and writing as instinctive as 

breathing. Every inhale is an idea; every exhale a 

creation.  The only thing I do better than writing 

you ask? Making beautiful girls. My daughter’s 

will always be my greatest accomplishment.

I was born in Denver, Colorado–but I will always 

think of sunny Arizona as my home. I don’t have 

big family, but I’m close with my sister, brother

& my mom. My mom is my hero, my inspiration, 

and I couldn’t have asked for a more amazing 

person to be raised by. 4 things you should know 

about me: I’m very girly, but I can get down and 

dirty with the best of them. I adore the color 

pink and things that sparkle (including vampires), 

I am a firm believer that chocolate cures ALL and

 I like even numbers (hence 4 things about me, 

not 5) Okay, maybe I cheated a little with my list, 

shhhh.




Social Media Links:



Teaser:

“I’ve never met anyone like you before Araya. 

The way you view life and love;

you’re not angry with anything that’s happened

 to you.”I turned my head toward him, and a

 smile tilted the corner of my lips. “Yeah, I’m kind

 of amazing that way.” I teased.He rolled over, 

bracing his arms on either side of my head, and

 we stared at each other upside down. His 

thumbs swept across my cheeks and his

fingers caressed the sides of my neck up to my 

jaw. Tilting my neck back, he kissed my chin, and 

the dip below my bottom lip. He brushed his

lips back and forth over mine, but the touch was 

so light, I couldn’t even be completely sure it had 

happened.“Yes, you are.” He whispered.




Shannon's Review:

This book was full of anguish, torment, fear, sorrow, love, devastation I could go on and on. I absolutely loved it. Yes it all these things that broke my heart but it is so well worth the read. I will go ahead and tell you that it is a cliff hanger. You will need more. I do.











Araya Noelle is a battered, broken, and shattered. Even though she is all of this,  she is still strong and very forgiving. My heart went out to her. I loved her and cherished the fact of how forgiving and loving she was even though she went through turmoil. She is a fighter when nobody thought she would be. This line from the synopsis is so true, You don’t know true darkness until you've felt light, because you see it in this book. 









Then we meet the man who showed what true love is all about. Ryland Dare is not the typical rich boy you think he would be. He showed a broken, battered girl a new way of living and loving it. I was so in love with him. Sigh….. He also finds himself in all of this. Ryland did more to impress and get on Araya’s level that showed how much he truly cared. Seriously I LOVE HIM!!!!!! It also doesn’t hurt that he is hot too. 











Ryland and Araya’s relationship wasn’t an easy one but who’s really is. They had a lot of challenges to get through but I think they complimented each other. They grew up together.  I so want to tell you what has happened but I can’t. I know you’re wondering why these two fit together and what happens but you have to find out. 












All the characters in this book I loved and hated. Not all of them did I hate but a couple of them yes I did. I could have slapped the crap out of them. It did kinda make me mad the way it ended. I was like noooooooo. I was left wanting more. You really need to pick up this book. I am giving this book 4 hearts and am ready for the sequel.


4/5 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment