Saturday, June 22, 2013

Dee's Metamorphosis Review

Scarlett MacGregor has lived a very sheltered life courtesy of her over-the-top controlling parents. Having never been to a co-ed party, much less on a date, Scarlett has relied on her books, her music, and living vicariously through her best friend Evie to keep her sanity as she's patiently awaited her freedom from their rule.

When Scarlett and Evie go away to college, Scarlett quickly meets Ashton, Dylan, and later, Mason, and is thrown into a crash course of like, love, and lust. With Evie's help, she must figure out the difference in the three and which one she wants before she ends up without any of them.

Metamorphosis is the story of Scarlett's transformation from a young, naive girl to a strong, mature young woman and her search for self-discovery and true love.

**Recommended for readers 17+ due to sexual content and harsh language.**



Dee’s  Review

I am going to try to calm down so I can tell y'all that I loved this book. I am all about love triangles, especially when they involve hot rockers with tattoos. This one hit all the hot buttons for me. 

Scarlett, I don’t know what to say about Scarlett. I want to like her, but when she makes her decision, I don’t think she really knows who she wants. 

I don’t think she knows what love it or who she REALLY loves. And WHY DIDN’T ANYONE GIVE ME A WARNING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS IN THIS BOOK! Hello, I’m all happy reading along, then BAM!!! 

Crying like a baby. WTH Sandie!! Warn a sister next time! 
Okay, let me start over and follow me through the book and how I felt. SO Scarlett has crappy parents and is finally, FINALLY, away from their strict house. YAY for Scar! So she gets to start partying it up and meeting boys, since she is a virgin and all. That’s great. Erin gives us a great base to our characters with the way she writes the book. You can’t help but feel for them, and like them. Even Ash, you like Ash.. Well, in the beginning you do. 
As the story unfolds, this is where you will start to pick sides. I did not pick sides, I am keeping my reservations for the next book… or books.. Anyway, I repeat I AM NOT PICKING SIDES.. yet. So Scarlett meets Dylan. Okay, nice guy. So now she has 2 guys after having none. But is juggling quite well. You go girl! 

But then enters Mason. 

HOLY CRAP! SEX ON LEGS! Seriously. The voice, the ink, the talented hands… oh heavens. 

Oh.. right.. back to the book.. {clearing throat} The whole way this played out with Dylan, I think was nicely done. It could have been handled differently, if you ask me, but at least Scarlett- and Dylan- were mature about the way it went down.. AND FINALLY HONEST. Lord, it took FOREVER for him to tell the truth. Sheesh! 
Anyway. I like Scarlett, I can’t help it. But I really think when the drama goes down and she is broken, I don’t think she knows who she truly loves. I think she isn’t even sure who she is at that point, and shouldn’t have made her choice. 

But this is coming from someone sitting on the fence. Maybe ya’ll feel different, actually I’m pretty sure you do. But.. everyone is allowed their own choices.. Mine is a Fence Walker. I AM NOT PICKING! And I am sticking to it. NO matter how much Sandie tries to sway  me to TEAM MASE. You know what else I loved about this book? Well of course, there is Evie and Max. You can’t not LOVE Evie. And Max… mmm mm Max. Oh, sorry.. I also really really loved  The reference to all our other book boyfriends. It was SO relatable. So real. Who doesn’t compare men to book boyfriends? You don’t?!!? oooppps.. awwwkkkkkwwwaaarrrrdddd… 
So the book was well written, okay that is being nice. It wasn’t well, it was epic.. Well referenced, Well played. Just all around Freaking Awesome. Okay, okay it was a swell book. Just kidding, it was an AWESOME BOOK. I give this puppy 
5/5 hearts

YOU NEED TO READ THIS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment